Today I start a conscious reflection of my life at this point in time. My thoughts wander from here to there and I’ve found that daily readings to start each day are a good source of motivation.
One of my readings this morning came from the book Embraced by Lysa TerKeurst. It was recommended by a friend and I’ve found it to be quite insightful. It has one hundred readings and I’ve managed to make it through twenty-nine of those in the five weeks I’ve had the book. Today’s reading was especially helpful in the context of my life’s journey, which has taken a lot of twists and turns here of late.
One paragraph in today’s reading sticks out in my mind and has been both underlined and circled in the actual book:
Life has a way of throwing a lot of twists and turns at us. We can think we know where we should go and what we should do, only to find out otherwise. Life choices that we make, whether consciously or subconsciously, can lead us down paths that aren’t for our better good. Then there are those choices we make that can lead us to a place of enlightenment and fulfillment. And yes, the choice is ultimately mine.
Another reading from my morning’s meditations lends itself to this same train of thought and speaks to choices that we make in our daily lives. The book, The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success by Deepak Chopra, details the choice-making process and offers invaluable insight.
So from today’s readings that I have shared, what are my real takeaways for my life today?
- I am exactly where I am supposed to be in life, doing exactly what it is I am supposed to be doing, to learn the lessons I need to learn.
- When in question about what life path to take, I need to turn to God, the “Universe” for guidance. The answers are there if I am willing to look and earnestly seek.
- I don’t need to know the future path my life’s journey will take. I can keep the faith and trust in the journey when I have communication with the God of my understanding.
- I need to try to live in the present moment and not be worried about the future and what it may bring.
- I need to be conscious of those choices that I make in life. Conscious decisions have both consequences and rewards and I need to think through those before moving forward.
- With each choice I make, I need to ask whether it will bring happiness and joy to myself and those around me.
Lots of things to consider from today’s readings. I’m grateful for the teachers in my life, both past and present, that have pointed me to where I’m at today. There are many of those people out there who either consciously or unconsciously have given me invaluable food for thought this day.