- From today’s “Streams in the Desert” devotional: “The only way to learn faith is to endure great trials. I have learned my faith by standing firm amid severe testings. This is very true. The time to trust is when all else fails.”
- Also from “Streams in the Desert” for today: ” Dear one, you scarcely realize the value of your present opportunity; if you are passing through great afflictions, you are in the very soul of the strongest faith, and if you will only let go, He will teach you in these hours the mightiest hold upon His throne which you can ever know. Great faith must have great trials”
- I ordered something online over six weeks ago and just received it in the mail yesterday. The timing of its delivery was not by mere coincidence.
- I pulled the #23 card yesterday from my “Enchanted Map” card deck: “Golden Palace” – Perhaps you’re entering a time of happiness that’s long overdue. The message here is that self-worth isn’t measured by what you have, no matter how abundant your life is. Instead, it comes from what you are, how authentically you’re living your life, and how much love you’re willing to share.
- Today, I pulled the #18 card from my deck: “Magic Stream: – “Everything is connected through the universal flow of consciousness.” There are times where effort and sheer willpower will result in victory and celebration, but his isn’t one of them. You can’t force inspiration, and you can’t manufacture creativity, lest you borrow too heavily from other’s ideas. Neither can you make someone love you or orchestrate a series of events that might place you in a more favorable position. Now is the time to drop the “trying” and jump into the stream and float. Immerse yourself in the present moment with whatever is true for that moment. You’ll never step in the same river twice anyway.
- I went out to eat for breakfast this morning and my ticket had a #23 sum – It gives me some hope amidst the presiding confusion in my life at this point.
- Step Eleven – “Sought through prayer and meditation to increase our conscious contact with God, as we understood God, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and power to carry that out.”
Published by David Lee Moser
I am a sixty-three year old semi-retired elementary science teacher.
View more posts