Beginning on Wednesday of this week, I’ll be taking a break from social media for the season of Lent. In the meantime, I ponder what I’ll do to take up the time I’d usually be spending online. I realize that I spend far too much time scrolling on Facebook and the like and it’s going to mean I have a lot of minutes (to be perfectly honest, hours) on my hands. I think it’s a good idea to at least think ahead a few days and ponder what I’ll do with that time.
- I’ll still be making some of the same posts I do each day, but will be doing so on the WordPress website instead of FB. I’ve pretty much gotten that down to a science, so it’s not going to make a huge difference in my daily routine.
- I started writing in a journal some seventeen plus years ago and I’m sure I’ll be doing more writing. I also plan on writing some to share via my WordPress page.
- While I take quite a few pictures each week in my role as a free-lance photographer, I’ve gotten away from my favorite brand of photography – nature pics. So I’m planning on being more active with that type photography and of course will be posting my pictures on this WordPress page. When I do return to social media, I’ll have plenty to share there as well.
- I plan to do quite a bit of reading. I’ve just started “A Hero’s Journey” by Joseph Campbell. I’ve struggled a bit getting into it’s story, but it came highly recommended, so I may find myself digging a little deeper.
- Housework has never been one of my strong suits. I’ve gotten a bit behind (okay, honestly a LOT behind) in keeping things organized and tidy), so I’ll have a lot of time to do some quality housecleaning.
- Who knows??? Who knows what will show up in this time away from the daily feed I scroll. That’s one of the more-exciting parts of the Lenten journey, not knowing in advance what treasures I might find.